Sunday, December 5, 2010

Silent Night...Holy Night

Silent Night,Holy Night..probably my all time favorite Christmas carol amd Hymm for that matter. I have spent the last 2 hours decorating my tree listenting to Christmas music and let me tell you..no one sings Silent Night like Andrea Bocelli. If I am ever so blessed to see him live I will do what ever it takes for those tickets:)
Christmas is here..full blown and I couldn't be happier. My house is decorated (minus lights= Alfred), tree is not done...ran out of riddon..need it before I put ornaments on it..but who cares. Samira watched "Polar Express" for the first time tonight (she rode it when she was 18mo. old)..and she LOVED the movie. I watched her watch it tonight and I love that she is getting Christmas. I grew up with so many traditions and with this day and age they are so easily forgotten. That will not happen if I have anything to say about it. Christmas is SO MANY things. It is the birth of our Christ, the uniting of family, the excitmenent of children underneath the beautiful Christmas tree, HAPPINESS. My daughter has been non-stop exctited the last few days and I cannot wait for Christmas day with her.

On nother note...like I mentioned before I have been decorating my tree for the last 2 hours...not making much progresss-BUT listenting to Christmas carols and actually getting teary -eyed on a few. They bring back so many memeories and now that I am a parent I want her to know these things. Christ was born- that is Christmas..He was born on a Silent Holy night and it is because of Him that we celebrate this season...however we celebrate.
I want tradition in my house..I remember mine- to this day. Thanks mom and dad:) From gingerbread houses to Elf on the shelf to Christmas tree to Christmas caroling...however you celebrate..it is the season to celebrate our Christ's birth. He truly is the reason for the season..let's not forget:)

From Drop Box

'The start of my tree:)

0 comments:

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP