..so every Tuesday Samira has a swim lesson. She has been taking lessons since she was "before 2" mainly because she is a fearless water-lover. Those of you who know me, know I too am a water/beach-lover so why in the heck am I paying for lessons?? Well, I don't think kids listen well with these things with their parents and it was VERY important to me because my hubby is not much of a swimmer. ANYWAY, she is now swimming up and down the pool with her arms "semi" out of the water, doing backstroke AND elementary back stroke and I can honestly say that if she fell into the pool she would not drown- she knows what to do. She got her purple bracelet today...and I can't tell you how big the smile was on her face. Of course, my Flip video decided die on me at that moment.
It is so amazing how kids take after their parents. My daughter is such a water-bug, beach lover. I sometimes think I may have pushed it on her, but she loves it so much I think it maybe was inside of her. I am so impressed and amazed at her swimming. We went to the beach today, just the two of us. Ummm, it was so quiet because, yes, everyone is back to school. It was almost erie...but pretty much awesome!! We had such a great time together, built her the biggest "jacuzzi" ever in the sand and we just hung out. I needed this because for the past few days she has been " demanding"...to put it nicely.
Kids are crazy amazing, blessings and then there are no words to describe. But, I can say- to see your child love the things you love and kind of follow your footsteps in some ways just fills your heart beyond words.
Samira in her sand "jacuzzi":)
0 comments:
Post a Comment